file does not exist error when using docker

yuanzeluo

file does not exist error when using docker

Post by yuanzeluo »

Hi,

I'm using the docker client on a Mac and everything looks fine when I installed the eSASS image. When running eSASS, I started the container and mounted some my local directories to it

Code: Select all

docker run -v /Users/yl/Downloads/eFEDS:/home/idies/event_folder -v /Users/yl/Documents/PSB_multiwave/erosita_products_yl:/home/idies/result_folder -it --rm erosita/esass:latest /bin/bash
The container started properly and I can see my mounted folders as well as the files inside the mounted folder. However, when I try to run evtool

evtool eventfiles=“/home/idies/event_folder/fm00_300007_020_EventList_c001.fits” outfile=“/home/idies/event_folder/events_image_test.fits” image=yes emin=0.2 emax=2.0
I keep getting the error

evtool: eSASS4EDR Sep 02 09:43:31 2021
 evtool/validate_tEvtool: **STOP** infile “/home/idies/event_folder/fm00_300007_020_EventList_c001.fits” does not exist
 evtool: FAILED
I checked some docker documentation and it seems like the mount is okay, but I have no clues why evtool cannot find the file. Any ideas? Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Yuanze
AlainGueguen

Re: file does not exist error when using docker

Post by AlainGueguen »

Dear Yuanze,
the command as you pasted it contains non ASCII literal characters:
the double quotes you used are non standard (did you by any chance edited your script in an advanced text editor ?)

try to use a standard encoding,
i tested your command from a docker running on a mac (US keyboard) by typing it directly from the terminal and the command run smoothly when using the double quote.
if you run this command in a script please try to edit your script in a 'simple' editor like vi nano or emacs , and be careful to use a standard UTF-8 encoding

Hope this can help

Regards
Alain
yuanzeluo

Re: file does not exist error when using docker

Post by yuanzeluo »

Dear Alain,

That's exactly the issue! Thank you so much for spotting that! I stared at it quite a long time yesterday but couldn't see that the quotes are problematic...now I know that I should type the command in a proper editor before pasting it into the terminal!

Thanks again!
Yuanze^_^