Duplication not permitted

computes exposure maps for survey or pointed observations of one or several eROSITA telescopes and energy bands.
matteani

Duplication not permitted

Post by matteani »

Dear support team,

I am trying to get exposures for three event files (from EDR, see code below) that I have previously combined with evtool into the "combined_out_08_1.fits" image.
When running 'evtool' I get the following error.

Code: Select all

expmap "/LMC_SN1987A/fm00_700203_020_EventList_c001.fits /LMC_SN1987A/fm00_700204_020_EventList_c001.fits /LMC_SN1987A/fm00_700204_020_EventList_c001.fits "\ 
"combined_out_08_1.fits"\ 
 emin=0.7 emax=1.0 \ 
 mergedmaps="expmap_combined.fits"
 expmap: eSASS4EDR Sep 02 09:43:31 2021
 expmap/opn_events: **ERROR3** Extensions for TM 1 were found in both event lists 2 and 1. Duplication of this sort is not permitted.
 expmap/get_param: **STOP** Couldn't obtain camera numbers.
 expmap: FAILED
It looks like I am trying to do something which is not allowed, but I don't understand why.
Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Matteo
AlainGueguen

Re: Duplication not permitted

Post by AlainGueguen »

Dear Matteo,

expmap obtains exposure and attitude information relevant to camera N from the extensions GTIN, CORRATTN, DEADCORN etc. If there is more than one such extension in the files submitted to it, it has no basis for deciding which of them to use. This is the reason this is not permitted. The task is not smart enough to figure out if two separate GTIN extensions refer, for example, to different epochs. If you have such event lists, the correct approach is to merge them beforehand with evtool or other means. (I think you could actually discard the EVENTS extensions of such files before you merge them, because expmap does not use these.) Somehow or other you must ensure that there is only a single GTI etc extension per camera in the files you submit to expmap.

Cheers
Alain on behalf of Ian.
matteani

Re: Duplication not permitted

Post by matteani »

Dear Alain, dear Ian,

Thank you very much for your answer.
Filtering by EVENTS extension solved the issue.

Cheers,
Matteo