demo: is a directory Failed to write "demo"

eSASS download and installation
daniellekelley

demo: is a directory Failed to write "demo"

Post by daniellekelley »

Hello everyone,

when I try to execute the script eSASS4EDRmirror.sh to download eSASS and the CALDB, the last line of my terminal shows an error message: “demo: is a directory. Failed to write "demo" (succeeded).”. Further information nearby: “Downloaded: 1015 files, 1.9gb of 10m 3s (3.24MB /s)”. I wonder whether I have fetched all the files from the FTP server completely and how to fix up this error as well?

Kelley
AlainGueguen

Re: demo: is a directory Failed to write "demo"

Post by AlainGueguen »

Dear Kelley,
Could you copy and paste the exact command you typed:
did you just launched the demoscript without argument , did you pass some argument , (which one)?
did you launch it many times with different arguments ?

The message come from the fact that when the script tried to create a folder "demo" in your working directory this folder was already existing.
could you look at the content of this folder ? it should contain one python script and a text file (gpl-2.0.txt), if both files are present then the download of the demo section was successful.
could you also check how many file are in the subfolder "sw_edr"? if it contains 25 file then the download of the installation package, was successful

Regards
Alain
daniellekelley

Post by daniellekelley »

Dear Alain,

I have checked the total number of the files in the demo directory as well as in the sw_edr directory and the amounts are good, firstly. However,I find there are some strange html pages in the sw_edr, such as index.html_C=D;O=A, et. Al. They were downloaded by the eSASS4EDRmirror.sh script as well. Could you please tell me why does this happen?

Also, I have executed the python file demoscript_4EDR.py with the command ./demoscript_4EDR.py /Users/hmao2/Desktop/pi00_700206_020_EventList_c001.fits /Users/hmao2/Desktop. Generally speaking, it’s appears good. But hundreds of error messages like “erbackmap/ERBACKMAP_BLIND: **ERROR2** off-axis angle outside calibrated range” are shown in this step “['erbackmap', 'image=/Users/hmao2/Desktop/EventList_023.fits.gz', 'expimage=/Users/hmao2/Desktop/ExposureMap_023.fits.gz', 'boxlist=/Users/hmao2/Desktop/BoxDetSourceListL.fits.gz', 'detmask=/Users/hmao2/Desktop/DetMask.fits.gz', 'cheesemask=/Users/hmao2/Desktop/CheeseMask_023.fits.gz', 'bkgimage=/Users/hmao2/Desktop/BackgrImage_023.fits.gz', 'idband=2', 'scut=0.0001', 'mlmin=0.0', 'maxcut=0.5', 'fitmethod=smooth', 'degree=2', 'smoothflag=yes', 'smoothval=15.', 'snr=40.0', 'excesssigma=1000.', 'nfitrun=1', 'cheesemask_flag=N']”. Would you please also me how to deal with it, too?

Danielle
AlainGueguen

Post by AlainGueguen »

Dear Danielle
about the first part of your message :
The html files are created during the download of the individual files, and when the script run smoothly they are deleted at the end
Because of the error you encountered, ( in your first message) the last command of the eSASS4EDRmirror.sh script was not executed .
you can delete all these index.html_***** files without problem.

about the demo script : could you create a new message in the forum in the section
Home >Board index >eSASS tasks
it would be easier to manage , and we prefere to keep each topic in its dedicated thread.

There is already a thread about the demo script, in this "eSASS tasks" section; perhaps this one give some info about your problem, if not don't hesitate to start a new thread in this section.
Regards
Alain on behalf of the eSASS team
MiriamRamos

Post by MiriamRamos »

Dear Danielle,

As shown in the FAQ section of the EDR website (https://erosita.mpe.mpg.de/edr/FAQ/), the ERROR2 message is harmless. Yes, it appears a lot when executing the eSASS tasks but it is not dangerous. There is no need to create another message in the forum if your problem is regarding this ERROR2 message.

Best wishes,
Miriam
daniellekelley

Post by daniellekelley »

OK, thank you for your help!