Worrisome warnings when creating an image with extols

micmic

Worrisome warnings when creating an image with extols

Post by micmic »

Hello,

I get these WARNINGS when running extool with image=YES mode:

Code: Select all

evtool/create_from_events_tImage2D_i4: **WARNING1** 15 events found with RA==0 and DEC==0. These should be flagged or set to NULL!
 evtool/create_from_events_tImage2D_i4: **WARNING1** Image X dimension is larger than the maximum allowed. Truncating to maximum.
 evtool/create_from_events_tImage2D_i4: **WARNING1** Image Y dimension is larger than the maximum allowed. Truncating to maximum.
 evtool/create_from_events_tImage2D_i4: **WARNING1** 2383581 out of 6730636 possible events fall outside the image bounds.
Indeed I notice the the event list contains events with RA=0 and DEC=0
Screenshot 2024-05-19 at 1.53.26 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-19 at 1.53.26 PM.png (53.57 KiB) Viewed 138 times
This affects the creation of the exposure map which wants to run over almost the entire hemisphere (and it take s 12h to run).

How can I address the WARNING?
IanStewart

Re: Worrisome warnings when creating an image with extols

Post by IanStewart »

Hi there,

These zero values of RA/dec are one of the blemishes we have still to address in the pipeline. For some events, it is impossible to calculate their RA/dec; such events ought to be flagged or maybe have the RA/dec set to null, instead they are (still) set to zero. Apologies for this, we'll fix this eventually but there are a lot of things to fix but not many active programmers left on the team.

Two workarounds come to mind: (i) you could delete the RA/dec==0 events beforehand, using fv or the like; (ii) you could set your image boundaries by hand so as to exclude these events.

I hope this helps, let me know if not.

Cheers Ian.